Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

All alright

Haven't post here in a while. I'm not sure if this blog will ever be active but that's not what i have to say.
Everything turned out alright!
The next step is buying the plane ticket. I am going to Belgium!

This week I had to say goodbye to João, who went to Leuven for the 1st semester. Guess I'm starting to feel the anxiety (yes, just now). I couldn't help to think that soon it's me who's going to fly away for 6 months. I can't describe what I feel, but it's somewhat close to nostalgia and joy. I feel like Animal Collective's songs!

In other news, none of us got a room in a college residence/dorm which is just ridiculous in a city that's known for its student life. I wanted badly to live in a residence for those months but since there's nothing I can do about it now, I'm just hoping for a single room in a nice place. João will help me with that and maybe even rent a room for a year (and each of us stays one semester). For now I just have to book a few nights in an hostel, just in case. I'll wait for João to tell me something about accomodations.

As for the scholarships, the previous information I had was completly wrong. Everyone got a scholarship and, actually, no one will have less than 1000€. I will receive 1375€ which means 275€ per month, a great help for my budget! This was only possible since there are many students who gave up Erasmus: only 22 out of 46 students are still "in game". I was a little pissed off to know that the 4 girls who were supposedly going to Hungary (my first option) quit but that lasted only for a few seconds. I don't care anymore and I already feel too much affection for Belgium to "betray" Leuven!
(Look at that picture. LOOK AT IT. The streets in Leuven seem to be so gorgeous!)

No comments:

Post a Comment